Saturday, September 17, 2011

Parable of the Chicken House - The Interpretation


(I said I was going to do this part over a month ago.  Oops.  I've shared "the interpretation" twice now, so I guess I should make it official on here.)


My personal interpretation is about vision.



I don't know about you, but I'm really good at starting into something new without really realizing what will be involved (i.e. the new baby chicks).


When I realize something bigger has to happen, my first step is usually to take a look around at others to see what they are doing (i.e. my looking online at other chicken houses), figuring if others have already been doing the same thing for a while, maybe they've come up with something great.


After that, I decide what my personal vision is.  I may copy what someone else is doing, I may take different great ideas from different places and combine, or I may come up with something entirely new.  But until I have a vision of what I need to do, I can't put my efforts where they really need to go to be most effective.


Then I go to work.


Then something comes up that I didn't plan on.  Like with the chicken house, I run into a problem, or didn't think something through like I should have.  And I realize that I need help.  Depending on the problem, I go to others for help (there was this guy at Lowe's that answered a lot of my chicken house building questions), study, or ponder, pray, and search the scriptures to learn what I need to do. 


When we really have a big vision to do something great, it's important to remember that "The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life" (Julie B. Beck).


So there you go.  Now go build your own chicken house.


(I have no idea why blogger is double-spacing between paragraphs, but I'm going to bed and don't care.  Maybe I'll fight with it another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment