Friday, October 7, 2011

I Really Should Do This Once in a While...

For a quick update...

We've had a sick house this week.  I would prefer everyone to get it and get it over with, but at our house we have to spread things out one at a time (though the two littlest started first, about a half hour apart).  Seems that the stomach flu has about a 48 hour incubation period...

The Hall Family is working on memorizing:
Moroni 7:45-48
Isaiah 64:8
The first quote on this page.

Together we are reading:
"I am David" by Anne Holm

I am working on reading (by this I mean I've picked it up within the last month and read part with the intent to eventually finish it):
"Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss
"Daisy Chain" by Charlotte Yonge (I'm not going to admit how long I've been reading this)
"Baden-Powell: Two Lives of a Hero" by William Hillcourt
"Daughters in My Kingdom"

Jamie introduced me to the movie "12 Angry Men" this week.  I sadly admit that I've complained about those jury duty letters, though the closest I've been to actually being on a jury was the one time I had to go to the courthouse where the other potential jurors and I sat for about an hour before we were dismissed to go home.  After watching that movie I realized why we need good, intelligent, moral people on juries.

Our chickens are doing fabulous.  They are just over 20 weeks old (average "start to lay eggs" age), and two of them have been laying for a week.  It's a gift finding those eggs every day.  We have to rotate through the kids, because they all want their turn gathering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment