Friday, February 29, 2008

I've Been Tagged

My sis in the sticks, April, tagged me to answer some questions. I decided that I'm just going to answer the ones that I think would be the most telling about me.

Typical time of wake-up: Erin is the best alarm clock. She's usually got me up just before 7:00am.

On a good night when do your kids go to sleep: Erin goes down about 7:30pm, Carolyn and Melanie @ 8:00pm, the boys are supposed to go down at 9:00pm, but they keep learning new ways to weasle to stay up later. "Mom, can we work on this for scouts tomorrow? And this and this?" "Will you read this with us tomorrow Mom?" Things that get me interested, and not just the usual "Can I show you something REAL QUICK?" because I know read quick at bedtime means at least 30 minutes.

How long have you been a momma?: Almost 11 years. One of these days I'll figure out what I'm supposed to do.

How old were you when you became a mom? 21

Favorite chore: I like to vacuum. I hate it when the floors have stuff on them, and to me the whole house looks cleaner if it's vacuumed. Maybe that has something to with the fact that you have to clean up the floor to vacuum...

Least favorite chore: My cleaning attitude has changed immensely over the past year, so none of that seems too bad anymore. The thing I really dislike is deciding what's for dinner.

5 Things that make you smile about being a mom: snuggling in the morning, reading together, when the kids share their thoughts with me, playing with them (catch, swinging, board games, whatever), working together.

Favorite thing your husband does with your kids: When he spends one-on-one time with them, and when he reads with them (he's much funnier when he reads than I am).

If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be? The eastern states so we could see some of the historical places we've been learning about.

Favorite pasttime/activity with your kids: Definitely reading together. It's always fun to start a new story, even if we're not entirely sure about if we'll like it, because we are usually pleasantly surprised. Right now we're listening to "Witches" by Roald Dahl, which, as the case says, is "deliciously disgusting." For the first bit I wasn't too sure about it, but we are HOOKED.

Best advice for a new mom: Enjoy them. Think of the big picture, and focus on that. Most of "today's" problems won't be problems "tomorrow."

Scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom: I've had several moments when those of small vision can only see the problems and not the potential. I hate that.

Most joyful moment as a mom: Honestly, how can I choose???

No comments:

Post a Comment