Sunday, November 18, 2007

Slacker Update, and Lots of Misc

Sorry to all those waiting to hear, Erin started walking on her foot two evenings after the sliding incident. Whew! She is still kind of wobbly and seems to favor it sometimes. Makes me worry that there is something going on there still, but it could just be that she's an unsteady 13 month old.

The kids and I have been studying early American history which is extremely interesting. Last week we watched "Johnny Tremain." Adam had been asking about the Boston Tea Party and the Boston Massacre, and I knew it would be a great introduction of the time. We've done some other reading and discussing since then. It's fun answering their questions and helping them learn more about it. I'm looking toward reading a lot more about it on my own, too.

President Samuelson encouraged all students at BYU to study the Constitution this year. You can read more about that here. Cool to see the whole school united in learning about it.

I took this quiz yesterday and did horribly. I beat the students by far, but still only got 65%. Shows how much sunk in from my AP American History and AP Government classes! I vow to improve.

We watched "Meet the Robinson's" last night. Very fun movie with a lot of great lessons. I highly recommend it. I have to share this quote shown at the end of the movie:

Around here, however, we don't look backward very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-- Walt Disney


I love following the curiosities of my children. I consider myself curious as well, but it's so much more fun to have someone to be curious with. Keep moving forward!

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid my family lived in Plymouth Massachusetts. We would take field trips to Boston all the time. One one trip we stopped by the Beaver. The Beaver is a recreation of the ship where the Boston Tea Party took place. You guessed it, they had tea bags tied to ropes and we were all given the opportunity to throw them off the boat. It was pretty sweet. I am not sure if we yelled "No taxation without representation!" or not, but it was in our little hearts.

    ReplyDelete