Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

I saw this on someone's blog a few months ago. I don't feel like looking up the "official" rules of this, I just feel like being simple.


FOR TODAY - MARCH 30, 2009

Outside my window... the new snow and blue sky is beautiful!

I am thinking... of how to simplify, and the things I should be focusing on that are really important.

I am thankful for... my husband. I'm thankful that he loves us. I'm also thankful that he likes to do his best. He's driving to Wyoming through possibly snowy roads because he wants to give good service for his company, and so he can hopefully be back in time to serve well in his calling.

From the learning rooms... we are going to start reading Fablehaven 4 later, then watch "Night Crossing," a movie about two families that escape East Germany in a hot air balloon. Amazing what people will do for freedom.

From the kitchen... our latest batch of bread is running out. Maybe more today or tomorrow.

I am wearing... Carolyn. She wants to be attached to me today for some reason.

I am creating... book lovers. Adam told me yesterday that books are sacred at our house, so if he borrowed five nice books from grandma's house he would take good care of them.

I am going... to get the kids an early lunch so we can go for a walk.

I am reading... Mrs. Mike. I haven't read it for years and years, and I'm enjoying it. Just needed a quick read while I think of where to go next in my reading.

I am hoping... this weather will figure itself out soon. We were having fun watching things coming up from the garden, but they need more sun to do much growing!

I am hearing... house and kid noises. Wish I could hear the birds outside, but want to keep the warmth inside.

Around the house... there are always things to be done. Thinking about it makes me weary, so I'm going to stop.

One of my favorite things... is being happy with who I am, but always looking to be better.

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to the zoo on Thursday after Sammy has a blood test, watching my nieces on Friday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

1 comment:

  1. Deafinitely a keeper picture. That's great! I was feeling the need for simplicity today and you put it so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete